Sunday 12 September 2010

Quiche poireaux-seitan

Last time I made yasssa, I didn't use all the seitan I had made. There was not so much left but it was still enough for not wanting to throw it away. I didn't know what to do with it but after a while I thought about making a quiche. Edvin had never had one and although I really like(d) the original version (which contains milk, cream, eggs and beacon, no less!), I have a real dislike for the strong eggy taste that it sometime has.

I just tried this version of a quiche, adapted from Clea's website. This girl is a genius. She's neither vegetarian nor vegan, but she's takes a particular interest in alternative and healthy types of food (although she tends to use way too many eggs to my taste!). This recipe is versatile and easy to make - no need to spend two hours in front of the stove to have a fancy diner. You can replace the seitan by some smoked tofu and add turmeric to the filling to get a nice saffron colour. Serve with a green salad.




Quiche poireaux-seitan
Serves 4 to 6. Takes about an hour

Dough :
250g flour
salt
4 tbs olive oil
a small glass of water

Filling :

25cl unsweetened soy milk

20cl liquid vegan cream (type imat)

30g potato starch
1 leek, diced and browned

125g diced seitan (or smoked tofu)
some vegan cheese, grated

salt, pepper

1. Preheat oven to 180°C.

2. Mix together the ingredients of the dough (starting by the dry ones). Shape into a disc, roll it out and place onto a pie plate.

3. In a large bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and pour it over the pie. Baked in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Place under the grill for 5 minutes.

Here you go! That was easy, wasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment