This is the simplest bread recipe ever! It takes about 5 minutes of work to mix the ingredients together and then, it's only your oven working...
Adapted from a recipe on Food.com
2 cups wholegrain wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 33 dl beer, room temperature
1 tablespoons cumin seeds
1 tablespoon thyme
2 tablespoons butter, melted and a bit more to coat the pan
1. Heat oven to 175°C.
2. Coat a loaf pan with butter.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Make a well in the centre and add beer and spices.
5. Scrape into and place in the oven. After 50 minutes, take out and brush the top with half of the melted butter.
6. Bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the loaf on a rack and brush on remaining butter.
The best thing with this recipe, apart from being the easiest in the world, is that there is an unlimited number of possibilities to make this bread. I recently tried it with sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, thyme and rosemary, and it was succulent!