Saturday 19 March 2011

Le petit pain au chocolat...

I had bookmarked this pain au chocolat recipe from Vegansfields' blog a few months ago but until then I didn't really have the time to make it. And yesterday it happened finally!


I have been craving pain au chocolat ever since I moved to Sweden, a rare treat here, where the only thing coming close is "chokladcroissant". For most of my life, I ate - at least - one pain au chocolat a day. Crazy?! Not really. I think it's rather the norm for any French - and even half French - kid :) (aren't we lucky?)



However, these babies have a price. The dough, which is called pâte feuilletée (puff pastry) is a damn pain in the bottom to make. Not that it's complicated, not really, but it's loooooooooooong. However, nothing can spoil the pleasure and pride of making your very own pains au chocolat from scratch, not even the 6 hours required for their elaboration :)

Well, there is room for improvement, I let them too long in the oven, they didn't raise as much as they should have and my feuilletage wasn't perfect (the texture was almost closer to brioche than croissant). But anyway, they tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment