Wednesday 27 October 2010

Better than falafels...

I recently discovered Sarah Britton's website. When I read that she was a chef in two vegetarian restaurants in Copenhagen (and I really wonder which ones), I immediately knew I would find some cool recipes...But this one, my oh my, it went beyond my expectations.

Admire:

Sweet potato falafels

After doing some research it appears that she took the recipe from another blog (which I feel is going to become a new favourite), which originally comes from the first Leon cookbook.* Anyway, let's say that whoever invented that recipe is a genius. Not only did that person manage to give a new (and delicious) twist to an all-time favourite, but she also managed to greatly reduce the fat content of the original recipe as these babies are baked and not deep-fried (which in my opinion doesn't contributes positively to the taste anyway). Actually the recipe is fat (and guilt) free!

I followed it conscientiously, without bringing any changes, but next time, as one of the comments suggested on Sarah's blog, I will add some sesame oil to the mix because I too love its nutty flavour. I also made the tahini sauce, but I divided the ingredients by half and it was still a bit much (well if you're only two, otherwise I think the amount is perfect for four people).

*Leon is a London based restaurant-chain, with quite an interesting philosophy: to combine the concept of fast-food with tasty, flavoursome, healthy food. Basically good food with food that's good for you. Apparently, and given this recipe, I'd say they have managed quite successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment